Wednesday, April 20, 2011

U.G. ON RAMAN MAHARSHI

U.G. ON RAMAN MAHARSHI

You see, the animal becomes a flower. That seems to be the purpose -- if at all there is any purpose in Nature, I don't know. You see, there are so many flowers there -- look at them! Each flower is unique in its own way.

Nature's purpose seems to be (I cannot make any definitive statement) to create flowers like that, human flowers like that.

We have only a handful of flowers, which you can count on your fingers: Ramana Maharshi in recent times, Sri Ramakrishna, some other people.

Not the claimants we have in our midst today, not the gurus -- I am not talking about them.

It is amazing -- that man who sat there at Tiruvannamalai -- his impact on the West is much more than all these gurus put together -- very strange, you understand?

He has had a tremendous impact on the totality of human consciousness -- that man living in one corner, you understand?

I visited an industrialist in Paris. He is not at all interested in religious matters, much less in India; he is anti-Indian.

(Laughs) So, I saw his photo there -- "Why do you have this photo?"

He said "I like the face. I don't know anything about him. I'm not even interested in reading his books. I like the photo, so it's there. I'm not interested in anything about him."

Maybe such an individual can (I can't say 'can') help himself and help the world. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment